Sunday 21 October 2012

Wet Felting for Wet Weather

The weekend has been rather grey and damp so I decided to try a new craft, Wet Felting.

What it boils down to is taking dyed wool fibres, wetting them and rubbing them together until the fibres fuse together to get a solid fabric. It does take a bit of patience as some steps are repetitive but the result is really interesting.

I made two items, felt beads and felt coasters, both basic and easy to do. 

I won't list the instruction here as I found a fabulous site by some very talented ladies with tutorials that I followed to make these items.

So here is the web address: -

And if you want a full kit to get you started I suggest eBay as that is where I got mine from.

Beads: -


Coasters: -


Up close you can really see the different colours melded together.


So there you have it, proof that there is always a fun craft out there that you haven't even tried yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment